Genuine Service Solutions
CMS Cepcor® are accepted as the leading multi-brand crusher service provider, from routine maintenance to full crusher re-builds, we have a cost-effective solution for you.
Modern jaw and cone crushers are designed to process a wide range of materials with the aim of optimising throughput and end saleable products, however, modern high horsepower crushers tend to be of lighter construction than ‘classic’ machines which were perhaps more forgiving of harsh applications. Regardless of the manufacturing brand, application and operator maintenance schedules, it has to be considered that crushers have an arduous life and it is the nature of the beast that crushers will likely suffer from unplanned breakdowns that can be expensive to repair – whether caused by component fatigue failure, lubrication or uncrushable objects entering the crusher chamber, crusher repairs and downtime is always expensive. You certainly do not want to be overpaying or suffer longer downtime that is necessary by choosing the wrong business to repair your crusher.
OEM or Aftermarket?
Choosing the business to repair your crusher in a breakdown situation can be a minefield, with a wide range of choices available from the OEM to self-proclaimed aftermarket specialists. The OEM might always be considered the safe option but ask yourself, what repair facilities do they even have in the local market? Are they sub-contracting the repairs to another business? If so, are they in control of cost, quality and timescale?
Some aftermarket businesses claim to be specialists in all brands, but are they really? Do they even stock spare parts for the crusher you operate? Or do they buy them in from other suppliers? (we sell lots of parts to our competitors!) Perhaps they stock crusher liners, but in a repair situation do they have the parts you need readily available? If not how much is it going to cost you? How do they know the parts they have ‘bought in’ are manufactured to the correct material and dimensional tolerance?
Does your chosen supplier operate their own machine shop? If not, it is inevitable you will be over-paying and waiting longer than needed.
Reading literature and online material produced by the larger aftermarket businesses can be just as confusing, all apparently have unrivaled facilities and expertise, however, only one supplier lists their full machining capacity.
Avoid Non-Standard Repairs
Regardless of your chosen supplier, it is vital that any crusher repair (even with severe production demands to get back up and running) should consider original factory tolerances to ensure the longevity of the repair and that all future spare parts will fit the first time. Modified or non-standard spare parts normally result in a single supplier overcharging for a captive item and the decision to go non-standard to save time during initial repairs can continue costing £’s for the life of the crusher.
Keep Service Records
It is highly recommended that you should keep records of the part numbers you use, not only for the crusher wear parts but also the eccentric bushings or any other parts that determine the configuration of your crusher. If your incumbent supplier is evasive with this information and they are keeping this information form you, then it is fair to assume they do this to prevent competition and keep prices high. So often we are asked by new maintenance managers to quote for parts but they only have spurious part numbers that can only be deciphered by the incumbent supplier.
Once the repairs have been completed, and your crusher re-commissioned, you need to know exactly what work has been completed, why? What if a problem re-occurs? Are you covered for warranty?
Too often we have seen competitors invoices for crusher repairs that simply read “repair to crusher”, if your suppliers states this on their paperwork then it is highly likely you have overpaid. Accepting this type of invoice can only lead to overpaying or being charged to complete work in future that might have been covered by warranty provision.
Why Select CMS Cepcor®
When you contract CMS Cepcor® to complete crusher repairs we guarantee the following:
- Crushers repaired in consideration of OEM tolerance.
- Repairs completed to our Lloyds Register ISO9001:2015 quality system.
- All work completed by CMS Cepcor® certified crusher service technicians (we do NOT use sub-contractors).
- Fixed price, strip, inspect and report with no obligation to proceed beyond the quote stage.
- Quotes include all part numbers and original descriptions to enable ‘like for like’ comparisons quotes.
- We have the largest stock inventory in Europe of replacement crusher parts to suit the leading brands, minimising cost and lead-time during repairs.
- Optional service exchange on major components where available.
- We have our own dedicated crusher service facility including heat treatment ovens, bearing induction heaters and automatic welding turntable.
- We operate a state-of-the-art machining facility including large capacity CNC turning, milling and boring FARO® inspection, Spectro® material analysis.
- We hold OEM accounts with leading bearing manufacturers, including FAG ®, SKF® and Timken® ensuring a competitive price.
- We operate a fleet of modern Volvo|Fassi and Scania|Fassi truck-mounted cranes to reduce costs, third party involvement and timescale of repairs.
- Fully itemised invoice detailing all original part numbers and descriptions to ensure you have full warranty and service records.
Original Equipment Manufacturer
CMS Cepcor® is the only aftermarket supplier that also incorporates one of the most reputable and long-standing crushing plant original equipment manufacturers; Goodwin Barsby, therefore our appreciation of original factory tolerances and material specifications is second to none.
Lloyds Register ISO9001:2015 quality assured
CMS Cepcor® additionally employs several dedicated quality engineers who inspect and record all aspects of critical technical data using state-of-the-art equipment and material testing.
Your crusher, your decision…
The next time your crusher needs servicing or repairing, let us quote and we think you will be surprised at the cost and time savings available.